Fresh reports hitting the desk of Africa Daily News, New York has revealed that two Palestinians which is also including a senior militant commander have been gunned down on Tuesday as some Israeli forces had raided a house in the occupied West Bank city of Nablus.
This incident is coming two days after the deadly, massive fighting which had been occuring between Israel and some of the Islamic Jihad militants in the coastal enclave of Gaza was halted by a truce.
In Nablus, some of the Palestinians have also been trading gunfire with Israeli security forces and at least 40 Palestinians were wounded, four of them in serious condition, according to the Palestinian health ministry.
“The terrorist Ibrahim al-Nabulsi was killed in the city of Nablus,” the Israeli army said in a statement, adding that “another terrorist who was staying in the house” also died.
Nabulsi who had been a commander of the Al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigade which is one of the main militant groups present in the West Bank operating under the ruling Fatah party had been killled.
Heavy gunfire was heard as dozens of Israeli military vehicles brought traffic in one of the West Bank’s largest cities to a standstill.
“A violent clash developed with dozens of rioters who threw stones and threw explosives at the forces, who responded by means of crowd dispersal and shooting. Several injuries were confirmed,” the army said.
“All the forces have left the city, there are no casualties to our forces,” it added.
In another report, a Palestinian worker was shot dead by Israeli forces on Sunday while crossing a security barrier in the occupied West Bank, Palestinian sources said.
Nabil Ghanem, 53, of the West Bank city of Nablus, was identified as the man killed by the Palestinian health ministry.
Ghanem is one of the tens of thousands of West Bank Palestinians who seek work in Israel on a regular basis, according to the official Palestinian news agency Wafa.