Abba Kyari, President Muhammadu Buhari’s Chief of Staff died on Friday, April 17, 2020.
Kyari was flown to Lagos State after he tested positive for the deadly Coronavirus which has claimed many lives worldwide.
Here, Africa Daily News brings to you 10 things to know about the late Chief of Staff
1. Abba Kyari hailed from Borno State and was born on November 17, 1938.
2. The 81-year-old was a lawyer, businessman and politician.
3. In August 2015, Kyari was appointed as the Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari.
4. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology from the University of Warwick, England, in 1980.
5. The late COS also held a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Law from the University of Cambridge, England and was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1983.
6. Kyari had worked as an Editor with the New Africa Holdings Limited, Kaduna Between 1988, and had served with the Borno State Executive Council as Commissioner for Forestry and Animal Resources in 1990.
7. He also worked as an Executive Director, Management Services, United Bank for Africa (UBA) and was appointed a Director of Unilever Nigeria Plc in 2002.
8. He served as Honorary Member of the Presidential Advisory Council on Investment in Nigeria between 2000 and 2005.
9. Kyari was a holder of the Nigerian Honour Award of Officer of the Order of the Niger (O.O.N).
10. Kyari who died after battling COVID-19 is survived by his wife and four children.
AFRICA DAILY NEWS, NEW YORK