Déby in a viral video, warned that if they allow Nigerian troops to release the captured Boko Haram members, they will return to Chad and hurt them.
According to him, 90 percent of Boko Haram terrorist have been destroyed and the other 10 percent escaped to Niger and Nigeria.
He was quoted as saying, “This place will be our zone until Nigeria sends its soldiers. Stay with them for about a month. Do not let them free captured weapons or any Boko Haram terrorists, they will return to Chad and this will just hurt us.
“So let them just understand. We are not leaving the situation like this. In the next few days, I will speak with the President of Niger. You guys destroyed at least 90 percent of Boko Haram. That I confirm and can tell the world that 90 percent of Boko Haram is destroyed.
“The 10 percent that are left are running everywhere. Some have drowned and some ran to Niger, some to Nigeria but they will never come to Chad again. Chad is no place for Boko Haram.”
Recall that Deby had last month led his country’s troop to capture Boko Haram arms store in Sambisa.
The Chadian troops had freed Nigerian soldiers formerly in the sect’s captivity.
They also destroyed Boko Haram bases, killed several insurgents and recovered hundreds of weapons.
AFRICA DAILY NEWS, NEW YORK