A video showing four policeman beating a young man with gun had on Saturday emerged online.
In the video, the policemen were seen chasing, assaulting the young man identified as Justice Obasi for refusing to unlock his phone.
It was alleged that the policemen accused Obasi of being a yahoo boy.
Reacting, the Command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Ebere Amaraizu, in a statement on Sunday said that the suspected unprofessional misconduct took place around Kenyatta Uwani axis on Jan. 4.
Amaraizu said , “The command wishes to inform members of the public that its attention has been drawn to a video in clip in relation to unprofessional conduct of some police personnel in the assault of one Justice Obasi.
“The command further wishes to inform members of the public that the command views such act by its personnel as reflected in the said video as unprofessional; while it frowns at such act.
“To this end, the state Commissioner of Police, Mr Ahmed Abdurrahman, has directed a full scale investigation into the unfortunate incident with a view to bringing the perpetrators to book,’’ NAN quoted him as saying
The police spokesman, however, noted that the erring police personnel had been identified and arrested already.