By Odumodu Gbulagi
When the current APC government came to power, they made Nigerians to understand that the reason why Boko Haram was still wreaking havoc was because Colonel Sambo Dasuki rtd. misappropriated the 2.1 billion dollars meant to procure arms for the military to fight Boko Haram terrorists.
A lot of people who allegedly got the Dasuki largesse are still being tried by the EFCC, and other anti graft agencies, yet non of them have been found guilty, or has the government been able to secure their conviction.
Though no court of law has convicted Dasuki, he is still locked away in DSS dungeon.
Even when many courts of competent jurisdiction has ordered for his release, he is still being held back on Buhari/Jubril’s order.
Any sensible person would easily sense political undertone and vendetta in the Dasukigate saga.
Meanwhile, Dasuki’s continued detention, not in the prison as an inmate awaiting trial, but in DSS dungeon lends credence to the popular belief that Buhari/ Jubril is trying to get back at him, as Dasuki was IBB’s right man who arrested him during the coup that ousted him as a military dictator.
Buhari/Jubril was actually incarcerated in a small bungalow in Benin for 3 years, and Dasuki’s DSS dungeon can be linked to that, as Buhari/Jubril is well known for his unforgiving nature.
With the incarceration of Dasuki, inability of the Buhari/Jubril led federal government to secure his conviction, and the people who allegedly took part in sharing the 2.1 billion dollars arms money, the inability of the government to end the Boko Haram insurgency, or even improve from what it was before they took over, there are a lot of questions begging for answers.
1. Why has the Buhari/Jubril led federal government not been able to secure the conviction of Sambo Dasuki for almost four years, despite all the facts purportedly in their disposal?
2. Why has Boko Haram continually ran over military formations under Buhari/Jubril despite billions of dollars borrowed and spent by the government to curb terrorism?
3. Where are the arms this government has procured so far in the fight against terrorism, because we have constantly watched videos of soldiers running away from the terrorists, decrying lack of arms and ammunition to fight the terrorists?
4. Are the military high command and the Generals only interested in looting Nigeria dry in the name of fighting insurgency, as there had been reports by soldiers in the field, that the Generals loot up the military budget and neglect their welfare?
5. Is the Nigeria military now partisan, as it was established that even the day the massacre of soldiers of 157 battalion took place, the military leadership were all at NEXT LEVEL launch?
6. What has been the impact of the relocation of the military tactical command to Borno, which Nigerians were told would stop the insurgency?
If you can answer these questions posed here without bias, you would realize that Dasuki’s continued incarceration is a vendetta.
You would also understand that this APC government is insincere, and has only been paying lip service on the fight against insurgency.
You would also note that this government has spent much more than they accused Dasuki; as they withdrew billions of dollars from excess crude account, borrowed more billions of dollars, yet there’s nothing to show for it, instead the terrorists have grown in strength and became more daring.